Monday, November 29, 2010

weekend of fun

The long weekend of thanksgiving is one i look forward to with joy every year. I love the laid back, relaxed feeling of a heavy meal, football and no pressure to find the perfect gift. I love the idea that you gather with those you love to reflect on what you have to be thankful for.  A wise friend of mine always tells me the key to a happy life is a grateful heart and i could not agree more. There is always something to be grateful for, I just need to slow down more to take notice of all i have.
So as i was saddened over the thought of not going home to the beauty of a Tennessee Thanksgiving,  i gave thanks that i had a partner by my side to celebrate the holiday with. And we celebrated !

On thursday morning we hopped in the car and drove to our friends the Clarks which was a sweet thing for me considering it was my first thanksgiving with out my family and the Clarks are the closet family we have in CO.  It was a truly bitter sweet day. it was so good to hold little bosten, to swing elle in circles  to sit in the kitchen with one of my best friends and peel the sugar off the ham when no one was watching.
 Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketIt was incredible to watch a community of people come together who all live in this magical little town of Buena Vista and do life together as they serve jesus at Frontier and trail west
With that our hearts were so sad.  we got in the car after being inside with this community that we were so close to being apart of " were we supposed to be here?" Did we miss the wagon??
For the next two hours as we drove home we talked about what it looks like to trust Jesus with your whole heart to believe he prompts our every decision our every move and is writing a story we get to live out. Im still sad over walking away from a dream town and a dream job but am expectant for what Jesus has in store for us next. Trusting God does not always look like life making sense, but we put our trust in him knowing he loves us and wants to lead us where he desires. It was not Buena Vista, It was not Frontier for now it is Denver. And our journey, our calling is to lay a foundation for our marriage that is about being intentional, slowing down and being thankful for where we are . 


Friday was my 25th birthday ! wow 25 how did that happen. It was my first birthday with out friends around me, family birthday parties and being streched in all directions.  it was different it was sweet it was right where i needed to be. I was surprised by taylor with the camera i have been wanting for years:) I was woken up by streamers out the door and a birthday breakfast setting.Taylor did everything he knew how to make it the perfect day and it really was !
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket


Then last night our favorite new friends in Denver, Riley and Katie invited us to the SHREK  the musical !!!  I was ecstatic i luv luv luv musicals ! Shrek did not disappoint it was hilarious, and when we walked out of the play it was a winter wonderland !
 Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
not my best shot hahaha to say the least but its documenting life here !!!
my favorite song in the musical said let your freak flag fly .... guess im learning to do this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment