Friday, August 13, 2010

just the two of us

A little over three years ago me and my sweets vacationed with my family in Steamboat, Colorado.  We climbed mountains, biked, bundled up when it snowed in June and felt free as a bird as we played and explored .
A dream was planted, Taylor whispered in my ear I will marry you and we will live here someday !
I squealed and soaked in every ounce of the promise he seemed certain of.
Fast forward a few years to January 2010 the Economy took a turn for the worst the doors to Sequoyah closed. Heartbroken as we all were, it brought new opportunities for change and growth.
We wondered what Jesus was up to.... how something so hard would bring anything good.
so we talked and talked some more about options dreams desires.....  maybe one of  my favorite things about being married is having a partner.

The dream was still alive and we decided we would give it to God. We prayed and prayed some more hoping that maybe if it was were God wanted us he would open the door.
We applied for a thousand jobs for the most part we heard nothing back. Us being the go-getters we are decided we MUST hop on a plane and go meet people face to face. We both interviewed and meet with a few people unsure of what was to come. We came home both jobless, a little discouraged, and trying to trust if it was where we were supposed to be it would be were we would end up.
my prayer became the simple verse Matthew 7:7
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
God was Faithful 
 A few weeks later we both found out we had Jobs and jobs in Denver, Colorado ehhhhh ! We would have to move to start our positions in less than three weeks. all of a sudden i was terrified leaving everything i have known my whole life to move across the country to follow a dream, to live a simple life with Taylor and play in the Rockies.

Well we did it we are here living our dream!
Its not always a dream I MISS HOME ALOT but I love the simple life i live with the man i love with all my heart.
 I hope to keep yall updated on what we are doing and for the next little bit what we have done this summer.
We have truly had the summer of a lifetime... work little play much !!! thats our motto :)

me being me made taylor pose for a picture before we pulled out of the driveway...it was a bittersweet
The truck loaded down to say the least

Once we arrived we stayed with the greatest people who taught us about sharing your home and loving others .We didn't know them at all except through a mutual friends it was an incredible picture of the kingdom and the best way to enter a scary new city. I would not trade the three weeks of getting to know them for anything.  I would trade three weeks of house hunting . It was a really hard to wonder around a monster city and not know anything except everything is EXPENSIVE. ha 
Once again God was faithful and we found the perfect place I am in Luuuve with ! 

1 comment: